Baked Potato Soup
How to Make Baked Potato Soup
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in pan cover with water and boil 10-15 minutes. Until about 3/4 cooked.
- In a dutch oven, melt butter and flour mixing until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Continue to cook until liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted cheese and stir.
- Drain potatoes and add to cheese mixture. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Watch closely and stir.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with bacon and cheese.