Authentic New York Cheesecake
·2 1/2 pounds phily cream cheese/softened
·1 3/4 cup suar
·3 tbsp. flour
·1/4 tsp. salt
·5 large eggs
·2 large eggyolks
·1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
·1/2 cup heavy cream
How to Make Authentic New York Cheesecake
- PREHEAT oven to 500 degrees
Blend cream cheese,sugar,flour and saly until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time.
Add vanilla and cream,mixing thoughougly
- POUR into a 10 inch spring-form cake pan.
Bake 15 minutes at 500 degrees.
LEAVING PAN IN OVEN,reduce temp. to 200 degrees.
- IMMEDIATELY reset timer for 1 hour,continue baking.
- Temperature reduction is part of baking process in most cheesecake receipes.
To reduce cracking,turn off oven at end of hour,open oven door.
- ALLOW TO COOL IN OVEN.
- Also,run knife inside wall of pan,when cool.
- COOL completely and refrigerate before serving,8 hours or overnight is best.
- Wonderfull flavor.(I like to add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice in with cream cheese when mixing.This is optional.)