Authentic Italian Feast Style- Sausage and Peppers Recipe
8 linkshot or sweet italian sausage
2red bell peppers cut into strips
3-4medium onions cut into strips
2-3 Tbspolive oil
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Authentic Italian Feast Style- Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Although you can broil or pan fry them, authentic feast style sausages are always grilled outside in the open air until well browned.
- Place sliced peppers and onions into a saucepan over medium heat, top with oregano and parsley, sprinkle with salt and black pepper and then drizzle with your olive oil.
- Be sure to stir this mixture every few minutes and continue to cook until the peppers and onions and soft but not mushy. (Approximately 20 minutes)
- Slice your fresh Italian bread in half lengthwise and place 2 sausages into the fold. Top with enough sausage and peppers to fill. Go ahead and make them messy, they're more fun that way!
- Serve and enjoy immediately.