Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
- 1 bunch
- fresh asparagus...cleaned and cut in aprox 1inch peices
- 1 medium
- onion diced
- 1 pkg
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove
- 1/3 c
- 2 c
- monterey jack cheese
- deep dish pie shells
- slices of bacon cooked and crumbed for topping
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In one skillet saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic with olive oil.
- 3In another skillet saute asparagus in olive oil ...add salt and pepper...I deglazed my pan with a little white wine...but not necessary I just like the flavor. You want the asparagus a little tender but don't overcook.
- 4In a bowl whisk together eggs and milk...add a little salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of the cheese.
- 5Evenly divide the asparagus and onion/mushroom mixture between the two pie shells. Pour the egg mixture over...1/2 in each shell
- 6Bake for 30 min on 350.
- 7while quiche is baking fry bacon and crumble.
- 8After 30 min top the quiche with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bacon ... put back in the oven for another 5 min.