Summer Squash and Zucchini Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
2 mediumyellow squash, sliced
2 largegreen zucchini, sliced
1 mediumwhite onion, sliced
·butter for sauteeing
dash(es)seasoning salt, to taste
dash(es)garlic powder, to taste
dash(es)italian seasoning, to taste
·crushed or cracked black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cshredded chedder cheese
1 cplain or italian seasoned bread crumbs
How to Make Summer Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- In a large ( I recommend an 8 or 10 inch) skillet, on medium heat, heat butter until melted.
- Add sliced onion, squash, and zucchini.
- Add seasonings as desired. Cover.
- Heat until almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- When the veggies are tender, pour (including juices) into a casserole dish.
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until mixed.
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Then top with bread crumbs.
- In an oven preheated to 350 degrees, cook until it has heated through and through, and has set.
- Turn broiler on and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until top has browned.
- Take out, ENJOY!