5 ozextra finely granulated sugar
1/4 tspteaspoon cream of tartar
2 ozounces butter
9 ozounces cream cheese
3 flounces fresh milk
1 Tbsplemon juice
2 ozcake flour
How to Make Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare an 8-inch round cake pan by lightly greasing and lining the bottom and sides of it with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper. Note: You don't want to use a springform pan unless it is water tight because this cake is baked in a water bath.
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler.
Cool the mixture.
- Fold in the flour, cornstarch, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add the sugar into the egg white mixture and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add the egg white mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Carefully fold until well blended! Do not overmix or the cheesecake will be dense and heavy.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
5 points per slice