Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 kg
- or bit more than 3 pounds of pumpkin... chopped
- 2-3 large
- potatoes... chopped
- 2-3 large
- carrots... chopped
- 1 medium
- onion... chopped
- clovers of garlic... whole
- parsnip... whole
- choko... chopped (also known as chayite)
- 1/2 small
- head cauliflower broken up into florets
- 2 stick
- celery cut in half but left big so can be taken out
- 1 tsp
- sambol oelek... (chilli paste)
- ham hock, ham or bacon bones or chicken carcass or 1 cup of diced bacon
- 1/4 c
- salt and pepper
- vegeta.... (it's a dry vegetable stock powder)
You can use water or stock just becauseful not to make it too salty
Once the meat and veggies are cooked, take out the celery and parsnip if you do not like them and discard. Also take out the bones or meat and take the meat off the bones and pull apart. Don't worry about this step if making with diced bacon.
Add the meat back into the veggie mix.
Mix the puree over heat with 1/4 C cream and bring to a boil again.
Serve in a bowl or cup with a splash more of cream, sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley and crusty bread. Can be frozen before cream is added.