My Healthy White Bean & Kale Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- light virgin oil
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onion, cut into slices
- garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- (15.5 ounce) can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp
- rouphly chopped fresh rosemary
- bay leat
- 4 c
- low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 5 c
- roughly chopped kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
1Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium high heat.
2When hot, add the onion and saute for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until the onions are soft and the garlic is browned (watch not to burn garlic)
3Add the beans, rosemary, bay leaf and chicken broth.
4Cover and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and allow the soup to simmer for 5 minutes.
5Add the kale to the pot and cover and cook for about 2 minutes.
6Remove the bay leaf from the soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7Remove from stove and serve the soup with a sprinkle of grated cheese over each bowl.