Lotsa Cabbage Soup
Mine was made from memory this morning, and when I finished I looked for the recipe. It's online, but the quantity is too big, I made what I wanted and it's great. I love this soup!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 stick
- celery, sliced
- small or medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 medium
- sweet onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 large
- head of cabbage, sliced,
- 1 pkg
- cut green beans, frozen and cooked, or thawed
- 28 ounce can, organic chopped tomatoes in juice
- 14 ounce can, low-fat,low-salt chicken broth* optional
- 3 c
- twists of the black pepper mill, or more, as desired
1Saute the first four ingredients in a large soup pot,about 5 minutes,then add tomatoes, water, cabbage, green beans and seasonings.
2Stir often, and add water to suit yourself if it doesn't seem to have enough broth. Let simmer for about 40 more minutes.