Italian Potato Soup
We made this today (August 14, 2011) for a fun little contest a friend (Greg from this site) had us do...
The challenge was use broccoli, lemon and red bell pepper... I think this came out excellent.... all of the kids loved it!
This is my photo.
- 1 large
- red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium
- yellow bell pepper (minced)
- 2 bunch
- green onions (chopped)
- 3 lb
- potaotes (any variety... mixed varieties)
- 1 large
- lemon (juice and zest)
- italian sausages (cut in half lengthwise, then cut up)
- 2 c
- broccoli florets (cooked leftovers... or fresh)
- 1 tsp
- each: dried basil, garlic salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper
- 1 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- 6 c
FRESH VEGGIES AND FRUITS
MILK AND SPICES
Put potatoes in a large sauce pan, add enough water to almost cover the potatoes.
Cook until potatoes are almost tender and liquid thickens.
Simmer, stirring frequently until potatoes are tender and soup thickens.