HOT or COLD BEET SOUP (yep!occasionally I goof up)
Nancy J. Patrykus
I have made many borscht soups, pickled,Harvard beets cakes,and breads. This one turned out different!!
Here is a different beet soup.
I do mean different!
Really different! LOL!
Read on .....
No meat in this recipe.
Just a can of beef broth.
Hope you enjoy my recipe.
It is really a wonderful soup..
Hot or cold.
- 1 lb
- fresh beets...cooked, peeled & cut up (2 cups)
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery,..... diced
- 6-8 medium
- green onions ...cleaned and cut up small
- 2 medium
- carrots.......cleaned & diced
- 1 large
- clove garlic........minced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- apple,....... peeled, cored and diced
- 2 medium
- potatoes.....peeled & diced
- 1 can(s)
- beef or chicken broth
- 1-2 Tbsp
- lemon juice...to taste
- salt, pepper and a sprig of dill when serving
- hard boiled eggs, horseradish sauce sour cream & crackers. on the side..optional
- 1 small
- kitchen witch.. this would not have happened!...
This is where I goofed!
I had went down to do the laundry.
Then decided to do a little ironing.
Not sure how long I was...but this is what my kitchen looked like ...when I finally opened the kitchen door. The stove top!
What a site to behold!!
All I could do was laugh, !!
Had to share this with you, there is a moral here ...somewhere. LOL
Here is soup picture. The way it should look.
Pinched from he internet.
This would not have happened ..
.if I had a KITCHEN WITCH !....LOL !!
I think I will remake it next in the crock pot..
then no worries. Live and learn...eh?
I have to sign off now.. get the ladder out and wash (scrub)the ceiling.
I wonder if it will turn pink! LOL!!