Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- store bought roasted chicken shredded
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- water or stock/broth (veggie or chicken)
- 2 c
- milk (your choice of %, i use whole and cut back else where :) )
- 1/2 medium
- onions, vidalia, peeled & chopped
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 pinch
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch
- thyme, leaves (a pinch if dried)
- 1 bag(s)
- fresh frozen mixed veggies (corn,peas,carrots,greenbeans)
- 6 large
- russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- a dash(es)
- celery salt, you can use 1 stalk of celery cut up.
- 1 clove
- garlic or 1 teaspoon of powder
- 3 slice
- baked bacon crumbled (optional)
1PREP makes this go quicker. Cut onion & herbs, peel & chop potatoes, shred & debone chicken throw away skin! While you are doing this START the 2 cups of stock/water & bouillon cubes IN A BIG deep pot to boil on high.
2In a saute pan over med-high heat add onion, garlic, herbs & seasoning until onions are translucent put to the side.
3add potatoes to boiling water and cook until fork tender 5-10mins. DO NOT DRAIN!
4with an immersion blender or hand held masher puree the potatoes in the pot.
5At this point you can combine the veggies, onions and chicken into the pot with the potatoes taste for seasoning adjustment. Add in the MILK and bring to boil as soon as the soup boils if it isn't thick as you want it ADD a slurry of 2 teaspoons of cornstarch mixed well with a little water and add to the soup to thicken it REMEMBER the more it cooks the more it will thicken. After 2 mins at full boil turn down to low (simmer) cover and cook for 20 more mins. Stir occasionally. When reduced by a 1/3rd serve with pita chip/bread/crackers if you want.
6IF you want to add bacon put in oven to roast off now. Crumble and add to the top at serving.