PUNGENT GARLIC & GINGER SOUP
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 10 clove
- garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme (or 1/4 tspn dried)
- 4 c
- low sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- 3 tsp
- grated fresh ginger (or more if desired)
- salt to taste, fresh grated ginger and chives for garnish
1In a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook on low for 25 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring as needed.
2Add the thyme and broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3Remove half of the mixture, let cool slightly, then puree in blender or food processor. Return puree to the saucepan.
4Add the basil, ginger and salt. Heat for 3 minutes
5Garnish with chives and extra fresh ginger, if desired.
6PER SERVING: 135 calories, 6 g protein, 8 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 10 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 339 mg sodium, 0 g cholesterol from Healthy Cooking, Feb. 06