Hungarian Potato Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly chopped parsley
- medium onion, finely diced
- 2 or 3
- carrots sliced
- parsnip (left whole if you do not like it or sliced if you do)
- cauliflower, cut into small floretes
- capsicum (bell pepper... piece left whole)
- 1 Tbsp
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- sour cream
- you can add other veggies too if you want like sweet potato or swede or turnip or broccoli but always use the above veggies as a base soup
1Lightly fry the onion and parsley in the oil in a big pot.
When onion is see through add the diced veggies and stir.
2When the onion starts to have a bit of colour add the paprika and toast it for a sec or two till it is fragrant.
3Add enough water to it to just cover the veggies. Bring to the boil and then simmer slowly till veggies are cooked.
4When veggies are cooked crack all 4 eggs in to the soup, whole, one at a time. (like you would poach the egg) and gently simmer with lid on without stirring for a few mins for the egg to cook.
5Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of sour cream if you want! It is nice to actually over cook the potato just slightly as it gives the soup a sandy potato bottom... yum!!