Caldo Verde Soup
Daily Inspiration S
Recipe is from Food & Wine
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb
- sliced smoked sausage such as linguica
- onion, chopped
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 c
- chicken stock or water
- 3 medium
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch
- collard greens, chopped (can use kale)
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
1In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Brown the sausage, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate.
2Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring until golden, about 6 minutes. Add the sausage back to the pot and stir in the stock, potatoes, and collards. Boil the soup until the potatoes are falling apart and the collards are tender, about 40 minutes.
3Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.