Grammy Barb's Potato Ham Soup
Hope you enjoy it, as much as Family and Friends do!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 large russet potato's sliced in chunks
- 2 cups beef broth low sodium
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbs. flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cubed ham / plus ham bone
- 1 tbs. chopped garlic from jar
2Add onions, carrots, celery, parsley, garlic, chucks of Ham.
3Cook for 30 min.
4When almost done, in a fry pan. Melt Butter, add flour, and milk gradually and stir until thickened Then add cheeses and stir again.
5Add this to Broth, and stir until blended.
Add Red pepper flakes and Black pepper.