Creamy Potato and Italian Sausage Soup
My family and friends love this soup because it reminds them of the one at Olive Garden!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 10 medium
- yukon or russet potatoes (peeled or not and sliced into 1/4 " slices)
- 1 lb
- hot or mild italian sausage (browned and drained of "most" of the fat)
- 1 large
- sweet onion (cut it the way you like it ...we love big pieces of onions )
- 1 bunch
- fresh kale (rinse and pat dry then use kitchen scissors to cut into 1-inch strips)
- 1 qt
- half-n-half or heavy cream or fat-free half-n-half
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
- 1 tsp
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2-4 c
- water (more or less depending on how much cream you want to add later :) if you get my drift...i use less water and more cream personally
- kosher salt (to taste)
1Combine ALL ingredients into a large, non-stick, soup-pot EXCEPT for the CREAM AND KALE
2Bring ingredients to a boil then reduce heat to LOW.
3Add enough CREAM to cover ingredients. Keep covered and cook until potatoes and onions are done. DO NOT ALLOW THE CREAM TO BOIL AS IT WILL CURDLE AND NOBODY LIKES THE LOOK OF CURDLED SOUP!!!!
4At the very last 5 minutes before serving time, add in the KALE strips on the top of your soup. Keep the pot covered for about five minutes to WILT your KALE strips and then serve!
5This soup really BEGS for a fresh loaf of kalamata olive bread or garlic clove bread from your kitchen or local bakery ... Don't forget the sweet cream unsalted butter to go with that :)