Cincinnati Chili Recipe - How To Make Cincinnati Chili
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or 1/2 ounce grated unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) package uncooked dried spaghetti pasta
1Toppings (see below)
2In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion, ground beef, garlic, and chili powder until ground beef is slightly cooked.
Ladle Cincinnati Chili mixture over the cooked spaghetti and serve with toppings of your choice.
Oyster crackers are served in a separate container on the side.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Kidney Beans (16-ounce) can
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Add allspice, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, unsweetened cocoa or chocolate, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and water. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions and transfer onto individual serving plates (small oval plates are traditional).