Cincinnati Chili Recipe - How To Make Cincinnati Chili
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or 1/2 ounce grated unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) package uncooked dried spaghetti pasta
Ladle Cincinnati Chili mixture over the cooked spaghetti and serve with toppings of your choice.
Oyster crackers are served in a separate container on the side.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Kidney Beans (16-ounce) can
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Add allspice, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, unsweetened cocoa or chocolate, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and water. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions and transfer onto individual serving plates (small oval plates are traditional).