N.E. Ohio Almost, Kinda Brunswick Stew Light
I love my Southern girls, don't get me wrong! I LOVE many Southern dishes and enjoy them with family. Heck my oldest granddaughter is now a resident of Alabama due to marrying perhaps the most handsome man in the entire state - Roll Tide Roll!!
See if you like this kinda, almost, not the same but maybe pretty tasty version!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- whole chicken, 2 -3 lbs.
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- celery ribs with tops, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- mrs. dash original seasoning blend
- 4-6 medium
- potatoes, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 c
- baby lima beans, drained-add your favorite canned beans if you like
- 1 c
- frozen okra or more if you like it.
- 1 can(s)
- creamed corn
- 1 bottle
- small bbq sauce - your choice (i used kc masterpiece)
- salt and pepper to taste (start w/ 1tsp each, adjust to your liking )
- 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes - optional
bring to low boil, reduce heat to simmer, stirring often, for about a 1/2 hour, or until potatoes are fully cooked. Taste and adjust your seasonings to your taste; add red pepper flakes at this time if using. Continue to simmer for additional 20 minutes.
Note: For those liking it more spicy, you could "kick it up a notch" with a bit of hot sauce.