Mama's "Feel Better" Chicken Soup
This is also one of the recipes I make from my "Blue Moon Roasted Crock Pot Chicken!"
It's quick & easy to make. You can make with noodles or rice. Adjust the seasonings to your taste, as it is perfection for our taste.
I hope you enjoy this as much as our family does!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3-4 c
- cooked, cubed chicken (i use any left over chicken from my blue moon crock pot roasted chicken)
- 4 c
- chicken broth, homemade/canned will do (again, i use the broth from the same recipe above bmcprc)
- 3 c
- 6 large
- carrots, cubed
- 4 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped (large pieces)
- 3 small
- onions, quartered
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1-2 tsp
- chicken base, optional if needed. when using homemade chicken stock, base isn't usually needed
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 12 oz
- egg noodles, uncooked
3Add 12 ounces egg noodles, stir in. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes, noodles will be just about done.
Remove from heat & allow to sit for 5 minutes. This allows the noodles to complete cooking. Be careful not to over cook, as noodles continue to soak in the juices & can get mushy.
Serve with crackers, or fresh bread.
This soup freezes well for later use.