Chicken and bean soup-Connie's
Warm, filling and delicious, it hit the spot. "This is a winner" came from the one lonely diner. I think you can try different beans and see what develops. We like using two different kinda.
This is good with a crusty bread. Hope you enjoy:)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken thighs and/or breasts, skinless, boneless and cooked
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 4 large
- carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 can(s)
- pinto beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can(s)
- navy beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 qt
- chicken stock, homemade is best. chicken broth will not produce the same flavor.
- 1/2 Tbsp
- thyme, dried
- salt and pepper top taste.
- be sure to taste after adding spices, a little at a thyme until it matches your taste.
- ribs of celery, chopped
1Chop cooked chicken into mouth sized pieces.
(I stewed my chicken in water, onions with skins on, carrots and salt and pepper.)
2Chop onions, carrots and celery.
3Drain and rinse well beans.
(Next time, I'll try two different beans to see how that goes)
4Place chicken, onions, celery, carrots and beans in a large pot.
5Cover ingredients with chicken stock.
Liquid should go 3-4 inches over ingredients. Add more or less as desired. After all, it's soup.