Sadie's (That's Me!) Tortelini Meatball Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 medium
- onion, any type, chopped or sliced
- 3 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped or sliced
- 2 large
- chicken broth, low salt (i use the large containers from trader joe's)
- 1 can(s)
- large italian plum tomatoes, or any kind
- 1 or 2 bag(s)
- ready made meatballs, or homemade. may use beef, turkey, or vegetarian type.
- 1 pkg
- tortelini, any type. i use dried or refrigerated from trader joes
- 1/4 lb
- sliced mushrooms, any type
- 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
1In a dutch oven or large pot, add all above ingredients except meatballs and Tortelini, salt and pepper.
2Simmer on medium/low heat until celery is medium soft. If using whole tomatoes you may want to crush them down while the soup simmers.
3When celery is medium soft (about 20 minutes) add meatballs and tortelini to soup. Simmer until tortelini is done, about 10 minutes.
4Salt and pepper to taste.
If you like a stronger chicken broth flavor, use boullion cubes or a flavor booster, it's all a matter of taste.
If using homemade meatballs, cook them before adding to soup (This will increase your prep time somewhat, or make ahead of time)