Leslie's Stuffed Mushrooms
Leslie Speed Dutton
My family and friends cannot get enough of these. When I used to make them to take to parties, people that loved mushrooms (and some that didn't) begged for my recipe.
DO NOT ever wash mushrooms under water since they act like sponges. ALWAYS use a brush, like a gentle paint brush or basting brush to clean dirt off of mushrooms.
This can be made ahead 24 hours ahead of time.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 48 medium
- button mushroom (about 2 pounds)
- 4 oz
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 slice
- bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 can(s)
- black olives, chopped (cans are the same size as a tuna can)
- 2 c
- stuffing mix, herb-seasoned
- 4 clove
- garlic paste (see directions)
- 6 oz
- mozzarella cheese, fancy shredded
- 3 Tbsp
- basil, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1 pkg
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated (for best flavor) or parmesan cheese (less expensive)
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
Chopped bacon as fine as possible or pulse in food processor until it looks like bacon bits.