Warm White Bean Salad
3.8 grms fat
6.3 grams protein
23. grms carb
5.4 grams fiber
(PS .. Photo is not mine but extremely close to how it looks)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 small
- red onion, diced
- 2 medium
- carrots, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, ribs & seeds removed & diced
- garlic clove, slivered
- 1 can(s)
- cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp
- grated lemon zest & 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
1Heat oil in sm saucepan over med heat. Add onion & carrots & cook stirring frequently, until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2Add bell pepper & garlic & cook while stirring until pepper is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
3Stir in beans, lemon zest, & 1 cup water. Season w/salt & pepper & bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover & cook until beans have absorbed most of the liquid, about 10 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice (fresh real lemon juice is very important in this recipe), & season again w/salt & pepper.