This is the way my mother would make slaw from the early garden vegetables. That first cabbage, onions, and carrots in the spring are so tender and sweet.
- 1 - 2
- early tender young cabbage ( about the size of 2 softballs each)
- baby carrots (from the garden or store purchased)
- 2 -3
- spring onions (with the green tops)
- 1/2 c
- mayo (i now use mayo with olive oil)
- about 1/4 cup either dill or sweet vinegar from pickles (whichever you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar (now i use a packet or two of sweetner)
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- paprika to sprinkle on top
1Clean vegetables well. On a cutting board, chop tender cabbage with a knife and place in mixing bowl. Chop green onions with green tops. Grate baby carrots on larger holes of grater. Add onions and carrots to cabbage. In a smaller bowl, mix mayo, pickle vinegar, sugar and seasonings, pour over cabbage mixture and mix well. Place in storeage bowl with lid. Sprinkle with paprika and place in refrigerator for several hours before serving.