Slightly Charred Spicey Corn with Bluberry Relish
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp
- blueberry white balsamic vinegar
- ears of corn, roasted
- small tomato, seeded and diced
- medium jalpeleno peppers, finely chopped
- clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- flat leaf parsley, chopped ( you could use cilantro, we don't care for it so i always use the parsley in it's place)
- 1 c
- washed blueberries
- 1 tsp
- lemon zest
- salt to taste
1Preheat grill to medium
2Brush husked and cleaned ears of corn with olive oil. Place on grill turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Let a few kernels on each side become slightly charred. Remove from grill and set aside to cool
3While corn is cooling, seed and chop tomato; chop Jalepeno, red onion, garlic and parsely. Set aside
4Place extra virgin olive oil and vinegar in a small jar and shake vigrously to blend. Set aside
5When corn is cool enough to handle cut kernels from the cob.
6Lightly stir corn, tomato, jalapeno, onion, garlic and parsley together.
7Stir in vinaigrette.
8Gently toss in blueberries and lemon zest.
9Add salt to your taste
10Chill 3 or 4 hours to let flavors blend.
11Can be served cold or bring to room temperature for serving.