My Red Beet, Feta Cheese, & Walnut Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 medium
- red beets
- 6 oz
- (about 4 cups) of arugula or spinach
- 1/4 c
- reduced fat balsamic vinaigrett, such as ken's light options
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh flat leat parsley
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh chives
- sea salt and groud freah pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- crumbled goat or feta cheese (38 less calories if you omit the cheese)
- 1/ c
- chopped toasted walnuts, (optional)
1Rince off beets and prick the skin of the beets with a fork.
2Place the beets on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high until tender, about 12 minutes or you could wrap them in foil and roast them in the oven for 1 hour.
3When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel the beets and cut them into bite size wedges.
4In a large bowl, combine the beets, arugula or spinach, vinaigrette, parsley and chives.
5Toss thoroughly to combine and season with salt and papper to taste.
6Divide the salad among 4 plates.
7Top each salad with crumbled goat or feta cheee and toasted walnuts and serve.