Monica's Dreamed-up Veggie Saute
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted for sauteing
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 1 medium
- green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic (packed in olive oil is what i used)
- 1 small
- zucchini cut into small chuncks
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- several c
- fresh spinach or equivalent bagged, frozen (not boxed)
- 1/4 c
- good garlic/herb viniagrette dressing (i used the one from aldi with the garlic cloves in it)
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE!
1The objective of this is not to have a pile of indistinguishable mush on the plate, but gently cooked vegetables:
2Saute in butter over medium to medium-high heat the onion and green pepper, add garlic, salt and pepper.
3Add zucchini as the onion and green pepper start to soften, cover and let cook a few minutes, stirring occasionally until the zucchini begins to get tender.
4Add the spinach, if using fresh, allow to wilt, covered. If using frozen, allow to thaw and heat through uncovered so there is not too much liquid.
5When all is just cooked, add vinaigrette and, too cut the sharpness, just a drizzle of honey.
6Cook a few more minutes, just to incorporate all flavors.