Greek Green Bean Side Dish
This recipe looked so delicious and is going on my grocery list!
I know I would enjoy it as a side or even alone. The recipe and picture belongs to FOOD recipe site.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
1Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
2Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add herbs and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
3Add beans and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
Can use frozen green beans. Cut recipe in half if you like, dish can be ready in 20 minutes.