Cha Cha Beans
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- small bag of dried pinto beans
- small pieces of salt pork
- medium tomato seeded and diced
- medium onion, diced
- cup chopped cilantro
- jalopena's seeds removed and diced
- limes (you might only need 1, depending on the size.
1Cook pinto beans using the quick method on the back of the beans. Add the salt pork while cooking. Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix together the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalopena's. Squeeze juice of the lime over the ingredients.
3How to serve:
Place the beans in a serving bowl and put salsa on top. This is good served with some buttermilk cornbread.
4Tip: You can buy ready made salsa in the produce department.
Tip: You can leave some of the seeds in the salsa if you want to kick it up.