Arkansas Grown-Pickled Okra
Rose Mary Mogan
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- small okra pods, washed & cleaned
- 12 clove
- garlic, more if desired
- 6 small
- red or green hot peppers, (i used jalapeno cut into quarters)
- 2 c
- 2 c
- vinegar ( i used distilled white)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- dill seed,( i used dill weed)
- 6 pt
- jars with lids & screw bands (sterilized)
1Sterilize Jars first. Then pack okra, 2 cloves of garlic, & 1 whole pepper tightly into each prepared jar, to within 1/4 inch of tops.
3Remove air bubbles, by pressing down on vegetables to submerge it into liquid. Heat flat lids in small sauce pan with hot water, and place on each jar, then Screw bands down evenly & tightly.
6ALSO PLEASE NOTE: My Sister N Law Sandra, informed me that she got this recipe from the cookbook CELEBRATING OUR MOTHER'S KITCHEN from the NATIONAL COUNCIL OF NEGRO WEMON INC.