BACON PARMESAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 lb
- smoked bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 20 large
- fresh white or baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (omit if using soft breadcrumbs)
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 c
- crushed seasoned croutons (you may substitute soft bread crumbs, if desired)
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh minced flat leaf italian parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
2Remove stems and chop; set caps aside.
3Pour oil into a skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat.
4Add chopped stems and saute until tender then remove from heat.
5Stir in crushed croutons, cheese, crumbled bacon and parsley.
6Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
7Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and place in a shallow baking dish.
8Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
9Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
10Refrigerate leftovers (like that's really going to happen! Ha!)