Super Simple Succotash
I have made this recipe a number of times now and my husband can and does eat the whole pan by himself (not in one sitting though). I have also shared this recipe with a friend and she also loves it. I'm sure you will enjoy this recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 thick slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 ears corn, shucked and kernels cut off (about 5 cups) (i use frozen corn, 4 cups thawed)
- 2 cups of canned lima beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper ( use table salt and ground pepper)
1Place a large skillet over medium high heat,
2Add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered and bacon has crisped, about 10 minutes.
3Add the tomatoes, garlic and onions and cook until the onions are translucent (softened a bit), about 5 minutes.
4Add the corn and cook for another 2 minutes.
5Add the lima beans and then remove the pan from the heat.
6Stir in the basil and red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Serve