Pam's Fast N Fancy Rice Pilaf
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- uncle ben's 90 second rice pilaf
- shallot minced
- 2 small
- roasted garlic cloves mashed
- scallions white and part of green, sliced fine
- snow peas, jullienned on the bias (use more or less as desired)
- 1/4 c
- fine chopped celery
- pitted green olives chopped
- pieces of oil cured sun dried tomato chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or oil (use oil for vegetarian option)
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
1Microwave the Uncle Ben's Rice pilaf as directed. Set aside.
2Chop all vegetables, keeping olives and sun dried tomatoes separate.
3Heat small skillet 8" to medium high and add oil or butter. When hot, add all veggies but the olives and tomatoes. Turn heat to medium and saute vegetables 5 minutes or until soft and barely starting to brown. When soft, turn heat to medium low.
4Add olives, tomato, and preheated Pilaf to skillet. Stir to combine and to reheat rice if needed. Sprinkle with toasted pinenuts if desired and serve.