My very own Mexican Rice
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- oil (i usually use enough just to cover bottom of frying pan.
- 2 c
- long grain rice, uncooked (not minute rice)
- 1 small
- yellow onion chopped (small pieces)
- 1 small
- can tomato sauce
- 3-4 c
- 1 pkg
- goya brand sazon
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- salt, pepper and garlic powder (to your liking)
11. In a stockpot add oil (medium heat) until oil gets hot, add rice and fry until lightly browned about 10 minutes, before rice is just about done add onion. Make sure to stir rice constantly to prevent burning.
22. When rice is lightly browned add tomato sauce and enough water just to cover rice. Add to that salt, pepper,garlic powder,sazon and cumin. Stir. Bring to boil.
33. Once rice is boiling, cover and cook approximately 15 minutes until water is absorbed (do not open lid while rice is cooking or stir rice while cooking).
44. When rice is cooked remove from heat and allow 10 minutes before taking off cover. After 10 minutes serve and enjoy!