Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- small potatos, sweet potatoes, yams, japanese sweet potatoes or mix therof.
- 1 lb
- onions. yellow, white or red.
- 1/2 lb
- organic breakfast sausage. or other meat ingread. or not!
- 1 Tbsp
- sage (dry or fresh ) chopped
- 3 tsp
- sea salt (or whatever salt you have)
- 3 dash(es)
- olive oil
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 pinch
- ground corriander (optional)
- 1 pinch
- ground fennel (optional)
- 1 tsp
- pepper (or combo of white pepper and blk pepper)
- 1 c
- cheese (parmesean, ricotta, white cheddar)
- 1 c
- sour cream or yogurt
- 1 bunch
- mixed herbs (your choice: rosemary, parsley, thyme, cilantro, marjoram, chives) or
- 2 Tbsp
- misc dried herbs sauteed with spices.
1preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick. place in bowl of salted water. (salty to taste)
3grate cheese (optional)
4slice onions into half moons. (cut onion in half from root to top, slice of top and root off, remove peel, and slice along stripes on onion)
5saute sausage until golden. salt to taste. put in bowl. leave fat in pan
6place onion in pan with spices and remaining oil. saute on med heat until golden. about 8 minutes. remove from heat.
7Drain potatoes and pat dry with kitchen towel.
8place 1/3 potatoes in pan. top with 1/3 layer of onions and spices, layer 1/3 of the cheese. repeat until all ingredients are used.
9pour stock over pan and cover with foil.
10cook for 45 minutes covered
11uncover and cook for additional 15 to 30 minutes until top is golden and potatoes are soft.
12top with sour cream or yogurt and remaining herbs.
13broil until golden brown.
14let rest for 20 minutes and serve. (even better the next day)