German Potato Bake
You know I have more than one sweet tooth.
Hope you enjoy and feel free to change it to your sweet and sour palate. Enjoy my tweaks.
- 12 medium
- potatoes, cooked al dente
- 8 slice
- bacon -i used 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 2 medium
- onion, chopped- i used 1 diced
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 c
- water, divided
- 1/3 c
- white vinegar, i used cranberry vinegar
- 1/3 c
- sweet pickle juice, i used 1/2 cup vlasic pickle relish
- 2 tsp
- dried parsley flakes, i used only 1
- 1 tsp
- salt- i didn't use any
- 3/4 tsp
- celery seed, i used 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 1/2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour, i used 5 tablespoons
- 1/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
Cook potatoes al dente; drain. Peel and slice 1/4 inch thick, into a sprayed 2 quart baking dish; set aside.
Drain bacon leaving the 2 Tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
Simmer, uncovered for 8 minutes, to blend flavors.
Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potatoes in prepared dish; gently stir to coat all the potatoes. Sprinkle bacon on top .
Bake uncovered in the oven for 40 minutes,remove from oven and sprinkle top with cheese and return to oven for 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted. Mmmmmmm.