Cheesy Oven Baked Potatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- set oven temp to 400 degrees
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil,2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp each: onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and ground pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper, smoked paprika if you like...
Take olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and cayenne mix in a good size bowl. Add sliced fingerlings and toss and coat them well with this mixture. Use slotted spoon to drain and put them on cookie sheet. Roast in oven 45-45 minutes at 400 degrees, turn them once after 20 minutes.
I took a spatula and placed them on a platter. I used Uncle Dans Buttermilk dressing and drizzled it on the potatoes and then sprinkled onion/cilantro mixture over all of it. You can also used canned jalapenos, chipotle,tomatoes, olives, sour cream etc. to top this off.
Fantastic appetizer that ends up being a meal. No waste of potatoes (like potatoe skins) and they cook beautifully tender on the inside and crunchy thin skins on the out...Enjoy...Feast...Mack!
I get the fingerling potatoes..(3 pounds) at the local 99 cent store. It's a great way to do something different and it looks as pretty as any appetizer I have paid $8 for.