Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 3/4 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- garlic cloves, halved
- 1 c
- (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp
- minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
1Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, thyme, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.