~ Bermuda Onion & Garlic Fried Taters ~
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- fat, enough to cover bottom of skillet - about 1/4 cup
- 6 - 7
- medium russet potatoes - or really any potato would work - i just happened to use russets
- 1 medium
- bermuda onion - cut in half, then into quarters and sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- approx - creole seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chunky garlic paste - or minced garlic from jar
- oil - to finish browning as needed
1I washed and dried potatoes. Cut a slice into the tops of each and microwaved for 10 minutes. You want them cooked, but not mushy as you will be cutting them into chunks.
Once cool enough to handle. Cut each potato into. Depending how big the potato is, cut each halve 2 - 3 times lengthwise, then cut into cubes crosswise.
I use my iron skillet for fried potatoes. Any non stick skillet will work. Pour enough bacon fat into pan to cover bottom. Heat the fat over medium. Once good and hot, add the potatoes and onion. Sprinkle the top evenly with creole seasoning and garlic pepper. Add dollops of the garlic paste here and there.
Let potatoes start browning, turning occasionally and adding vegetable oil as needed. The potatoes will soak up the initial bacon fat. So, just keep adding a little oil here and there as needed until potatoes are desired crispness. Salt if needed - I didn't.
2Serve immediately as a side to any meat. Are great as a side to eggs as well.
I served along side of my:
~ Crispy Soy & Honey Thighs ~