Beans with Lemon and Broccoli
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- small lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- anchovy(packed in oil) fillets
- garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1-2 c
- broccoli florets
- 2 can(s)
- 15-16 ounce cans of white beans, great northern, butter, white kidney
- freshly shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- parsley and red pepper flakes for garnish
- salt and pepper
1Over medium heat, heat a heavy pot. Add lemons, garlic and anchovies. Cook until fillets dissolve and lemon is soft and browned in spots.
2Add broccoli and cook tossing occasionally until green and tender crisp.
3Add beans and 1/3 cup water. Cook until water is half reduced. Mix in a sprinkling of parsley and a dusting of red pepper.
Turn out onto a platter or large bowl and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.