From Russia with Love Tea
Tea time is anytime; morning, afternoon or dinner.
Tea (or Chai as they call it) is served with sugar, honey or flavored jams. Sweet tea biscuits are served with the tea. It was one of my most memorable experiences while in Russia.
It was a make time for "tea time" experience and you relished the moment sipping on your tea and chatting with one another. Breathing in that very moment of time and beauty that life gives you.
I hope you can take a moment out of your day and sit down with family or friends and make some tea time and enjoy the company of one another. I am sure you will be glad you did.
....From Russia with Love
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- your favorite teapot full of black tea
- typically used jams would be strawberry, cherry or pear to flavor your tea
- sliced lemons or a little milk
- tea biscuits and/or pastries
- maybe even some russian music :-)
- a moment of silence
- tea should be taken in solitude. ~~~c.s. lewis
- remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! ~~ author unknown
- a little princess...it's always tea-time... ~~~lewis carroll, alice in wonderland
TO GO ALONG WITH YOUR TEA
FAMOUS TEA QUOTES
1While in Russia on several mission trips I was blessed with such gratitude and expressions of love that I had never seen before. Some of the women who worked in the orphanages that we visited had saved money throughout the year to present us with Tea and Russian pie. To this day it was one of the most honored moments in my life that I have ever experienced. I shall never forgot their sacrifice of gratitude towards us.
7I would have loved to had a Russian Teapot or Samovar to bring home with me but I choose this one tea cup and saucer (pictured to the left) in St. Petersburg's famous Lomonosov porcelain factory that was founded in 1744.
As I take out my tea cup to have a cup of tea I am reminded of the special times I had in Russia just as I was doing so tonight I was prompted to write this recipe for you.
I hope you enjoy.
Dasvidaniya for now.