Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 2 c
- plain yogurt (not sweetened, fat free is great)
- onion, diced fine
- 1 Tbsp
- dried oregano (leaves, not ground)
- 1/2 Tbsp
- dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp
- ground pepper
- sliced tomatoes and/or cucumbers
- my persian chicken kabob recipe
- inside chicken tortilla salad wraps
- dried mint leaves
- dried thyme
- feta or goat cheese
- olives (best with feta option)
- garlic powder (best when done with feta option)
- red pepper flakes (again best with feta option)
SERVE WITH OPTIONS
OPTIONAL ADDITIONS/ VARIATIONS:
I normally don't like raw onions, believe me, but somehow they are wonderful in this!
For color, you can add some sliced green onion, but too much can change the flavor negatively.
This compliments chicken very well, and sometimes if I have extra I've been known to add it to chicken I'm cooking. Or just serve it alongside a chicken and rice dish, as a sauce for extra flavor.
Check out my Persian Chicken Kabob recipe for an awesome meal combo.