Spicy Queso Blanco
This dip is runny right off the stove (great for drizzling over nachos or tacos), then thickens as it cools (perfect for dipping). It will eventually get very thick, so consider serving it in a slow cooker, set to warm.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 ounces white american cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 4 - 4 1/2 - ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred pickled jalapeno slices, plus 2 to 3 teaspoons of the juice
1In a small saucepan combine American cheese and half-and-half.
2Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is smooth.
3Gradually whisk in the Monterey Jack cheese until smooth, then stir in the green chiles, jalapenos, and juice.
4Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. The Queso will be thin at first, but thickens quickly as it cools.
5(To maintain a dipping consistency, reheat occasionally or serve in a small slow-cooker or fondue pot.)