Fresh Jalapeño Lime Black Bean Salsa
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, rinsed
- 1 c
- frozen sweet white corn, thawed
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion, (sweet or purple)
- 1/4 c
- green onion, sliced
- fresh jalapeño, seeded, rib removed, & diced
- lime juice, to taste...may mix with honey (optional), fresh lime best, with bit of zest
- salt & pepper, to taste
- roma tomatoes, diced
- sliced black olives (optional)
- diced avocado can be good (optional)
1Mix together. Adjust seasoning with lime juice, honey if using, and salt.
Removing seeds and white ribs on the jalapeño will keep it milder. I use disposable gloves while handling the chili so it doesn't burn my eyes when I take out my contacts later.
You may adjust the amounts of any of the ingredients to suit your preference.
2Let flavors marinate together for a little bit, in the fridge.
Fabulous on pita chips or corn chips, and just about anything you want to dress up.