Cowboy Caviar-Giddy UP!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 15 oz. can of pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz. can of black eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 4 oz. can of fire roasted green chilis drained
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen shopeg or niblets corn, thawed
- inner stalks of celery, finely chopped
- bunch of green onions white and some green parts, thinly sliced
- sweet orange or red bell pepper, finely diced
- clove of garlic, finely minced
- small serrano chili, finely minced (optional)
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 c
- light extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c
- rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 c
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
1Add all ingredients except marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2Then add all marinade ingredients to a pot and bring to a low simmer on your stove, just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
3Pour cooled marinade over ingredients. Store in sealed container. Refrigerate overnight, mixing periodically throughout the day.
4To serve, first taste and add salt if needed. Then use slotted spoon to put into serving dish, top with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.