Quinoa and mango salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 1/2 oz
- 4 tsp
- pine nuts
- large handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- large handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- large handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- mild long fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice (for dressing)
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)
- salt & fresh ground black pepper (for dressing)
- chicken or vegetable stock (if desired, to cook the quinoa in)
1Put the quinoa in a pan and just cover with cold water. (you can use chicken or vegetable stock instead of water, if desired) Season with salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover pan with lid and simmer for 12 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Drain well.
2Meanwhile, prepare the mango. Cut vertically down each side of the stone (pit). Taking the two large slices, cut the flesh into a criss cross pattern down to (but not through) the skin. Press each half inside out, then cut the mango cubes away from the skin.
3Toast the pine nuts for a few minutes in a dry frying pan, until golden. Remove from heat.
4Mis together the ingredients for the dressing and season well.
5Place the cooked quinoa into a bowl and add the herbs and chili. Pour the dressing into the bowl and mix lightly until combined. Season to taste.
6Transfer to a bowl or four shallow dishes. Arrange the mango on top of the herby quinoa and sprinkle with the pine nuts.