Tantalizing Mandarin Orange Shrimp Salad
The photo(s) are mine.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- heads romain lettuce cleaned and dried
- 2 15oz can(s)
- mandarin oranges drained
- red onion sliced into rings for garnish
- 1/2-1 lb
- jumbo shrimp-i use 1 12oz bag 26-30 count
- 2 3oz bag(s)
- slivered almonds toasted till golden brown
- avocados-i use haas avocados they have a rich buttery taste
- 3/4 c
- white sugar
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- red onion juice and pulp-grated and on fine side of grater. the grated onion really pops the taste of this dressing
- 1 c
- salad oil
- 11/2 tsp
- poppy seeds
SEE MY RECIPE FOR DEE'S TANTALIZING POPPYSEED DRESSING BELOW
1Toss all ingredients except for sliced red onions.
2Mix all ingredients for poppy seed dressing in blender. Then pour amount you would like on salad and toss again. This poppy seed recipe makes enough for when I triple the recipe to make for church.
3Put slices of red onion on top for garnish.