Lemony Green Salad with Radicchio & Pepitas
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 oz
- fresh greens, your choice (about 5-6 cups)
- head radicchio, cored and sliced into ribbons
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh mint (fresh only!)
- 1/2 large
- lemon, zest of (meyer lemon if available)
- 1/4 c
- roasted pepitas (you can substitute walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts, pistachios)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 c
- imported cheese (feta, manchego, halloumi, parmesan, for ex.) (optional)
- 1/2 large
- lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp
- honey (good quality!)
1Note: the amount of radicchio you use really depends on its variety and size. For this recipe I only used one quarter of the head of radicchio.
In a large bowl, toss the greens with the sliced radicchio and the lemon zest.
2In a measuring cup or bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and honey until thick and emulsified.
3Toss about half the dressing with the salad greens, radicchio and the fresh mint, using tongs to coat the leaves with the dressing. Taste and add the rest of the dressing if desired. Toss with the pepitas (or other nut of your choosing), taste again, and season the salad with *salt and pepper. Serve the remaining dressing if any on the side.
*If you are adding the optional cheese, I would omit the salt in this salad. I also had considered grilling the cheese first (feta) but ran out of time.