Spinach Pasta Salad
Ruth Ann Vokac
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- bag (about 12 oz.) spinach noodles
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, divided
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 lb
- baby spinach leaves
- green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- green, yellow, or red pepper, diced
- 2 pt
- cherry tomatoes, halved (or comparable amount of diced fresh tomatoes)
- 1 c
- crumbled feta cheese (preferably with tomato and basil)
- 3-5 sprig(s)
- thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 1 bunch
- basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 c
- red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp
- dijon mustard
1Cook pasta as directed on package.
2In a large skillet, put 1/4 cup olive oil and add grated or minced garlic. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add drained noodles to skillet, toss, and let cool.
3In a large salad bowl, add spinach leaves; sliced green onions; cherry tomatoes, halved; diced pepper pieces; thyme, stripped from stems; basil, julienned; and feta cheese. Toss ingredients. Add noodles.
4In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add 1/4 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Tighten the lid and shake to combine.
5Pour dressing over noodles in salad bowl, and toss all ingredients to distribute the ingredients.
6Let sit 30 minutes for flavors to combine.
Serve with salad tongs.
7Note: I can't find spinach pasta at smaller groceries, but I can find the "al dente" spinach pasta brand in larger supermarkets.